Friday, June 20, 2008

Is Obama A Racist?

From “DREAMS OF MY FATHER” book By Barack Obama;

Racist comment #1:From “Dreams of My Father.” page 229,“THERE WERE NO CIGAR CHOMPING CRACKERS LIKE BULL CONNOR OUT THERE.” Theuse of “cracker” was unnecessary and salacious.

Racist comment #2:From Dreams Of My Father;I FOUND A SOLACE IN NURSING A PERVASIVE SENSE OF GRIEVANCE AND ANIMOSITYAGAINST MY MOTHER’S RACE”. Gee, who wouldn’t after sitting for 20 yearslistening to hate in that alleged church.

Racist comment #3:From Dreams Of My Father;“The emotion between the races could never be pure….. THE OTHER RACE (WHITE)WOULD ALWAYS REMAIN JUST THAT: MENACING, ALIEN AND APART”

Racist comment #4:From Dreams Of My Father;“never emulate white men and brown men whose fates didn’t speak to my own.IT WAS INTO MY FATHER’S IMAGE , THE BLACK MAN, THE SON OF AFRICA, THAT I’DPACKED ALL THE ATTRIBUTES I SOUGHT IN MYSELF.

Racist comment #5:From Dreams Of My Father;“That hate hadn’t gone away,” he wrote, blaming white people,- somecruel, some ignorant, sometimes a single face, sometimes just a facelessimage of a system claiming power over our lives."

Racist comment #6:From Dreams Of My Father;“There were enough of us on campus to constitute a tribe, and when itcame to hanging out many of us chose to function like a tribe, stayingclose together, traveling in packs,” he wrote. “It remained necessary toprove which side you were on, TO SHOW YOUR LOYALTY TO THE BLACK MASSES,TO STRIKE OUT, and name names”

Racist comment #7:From Dreams Of My Father;“I ceased to advertise my mother’s race at the age of 12 or 13, when Ibegan to suspect that by doing so I was ingratiating myself to whites”

Racist comment #8:From Dreams Of My Father;After graduating from college, Obama eventually went to Chicago to interviewfor a job as a community organizer. His racial attitudes came into play as he sized up the man who would become his boss. “There was something about himthat made me wary,” Obama wrote. “A little too sure of himself, maybe. And white.

”Racist comment #9:From Dreams Of My Father;“To avoid being mistaken for a sellout, I chose my friends carefully. The morepolitically active black students. The foreign students. The Chicanos. The Marxist professors and structural feminists.”

Racist comment #10:From Dreams Of My Father;“To admit our doubt and confusion to whites, to open up our psyches to generalexamination by those who had caused so much of the damage in the first place,seemed ludicrous, itself an expression of self-hatred,” he wrote.

Racist comment #11:From Dreams Of My Father;Obama’s racial suspicions were not always limited to whites. For example, after making his first visit to Kenya, he wrote of being disappointed to learn that hispaternal grandfather had been a servant to rich whites. He wrote in “Dreams” thatthe revelation caused “ugly words to flash across my mind. Uncle Tom. Collaborator.House n_gger.”

Racist comment #12:From Dreams Of My Father;yet after college, he once fell in love with a white woman, only to push her away when he concluded he would have to assimilate into her world, not the other way around.

Racist comment #13:From Dreams Of My Father; “I learned to slip back and forth between my black and white worlds,” he wrote in“Dreams.” “One of those tricks I had learned: People were satisfied so long as you were courteous and smiled and made no sudden moves. They were more than satisfied; they wererelieved — such a pleasant surprise to find a well-mannered young black man who didn’t seem angry all the time.”

Racist comment #14:From Dreams Of My Father;Said his grandmother is a “typical white person” who has fears about black men.

Traitorous comment#1: From ‘The Audacity Of Hope, “I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.”

Traitorous comment#2“As I’ve said about the flag pin, I don’t want to be perceived as taking sides,” Obama said. “There are a lot of people in the world to whom the American flag is asymbol of oppression. And the anthem itself conveys a war-like message. You know, the bombs bursting in air and all. It should be swapped for something less parochial and less bellicose. I like the song ‘I’d Like to Teach the World to Sing.’ If that were our anthem, then I might salute it.”“I can no more disown him (Wright) than I can my white grandmother - a woman who helped raise me, a woman who sacrificed again and again for me, a woman who loves me as much as she loves anything in this world”.

2 comments:

TheBitterAmerican said...

Hi, Voice. Found you via DD2 (who doesn't?)

Anyway, 2 things:
1 - when I posted about my health, I didn't mean to imply that I was offsetting any effects from smoking. I don't smoke, nor have I ever smoked. I'm more upset about the government telling people to chew on twigs, avoid fast food, drink only water or else you'll DIE!!!
The government tries too hard to intervene with blanket statements that don't take into account our ethnic and biologic diversity.

2 - Awesome blog. I'll have to visit again.

Anonymous said...

Great blog my friend, keep it going.